MS&T Magazine’s awards for excellence in defense modeling, simulation and training were announced in September and presented during this year’s I/ITSEC.
After a process that began in May of this year with the release of submission applications to industry, over 75 entries were received in six categories. Three top finalists were selected for each category by MS&T’s editorial team, based on the quality of submissions received. Eighteen finalists and summaries were then presented to MS&T’s global readership to select the best candidates. With over 6,000 votes received, the following six award winners and twelve finalists were announced for each category.
Outstanding Innovative Product
Winner – CAE for the Italian Air Force Predator Mission Trainer (PMT). Click here for more information.
– Cubic – Engage KOV-135
– SAIC – MicroEngage
Outstanding VR/AR/MR Application
Winner – Reiser Simulation and Training Mixed-Reality (MR) Training for Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) & Medical Crew. Click here for more information.
– Modest Tree – Modest3D Xplorer
– Vertex Solutions – AC-130U Virtual Reality Part Task Trainer (vrPTT)
Outstanding Service and Support Program
Winner – CAE for the USAF KC-135 Aircrew Training System. Click here for more information.
– General Dynamics Information Technology – Simulation Services for US Army Flight School XXI
– Inzpire Limited – “Whole Force” training for MOD’s Air Battlespace Training Centre (ABTC), RAF Waddington
Outstanding Training System Integration Project
Winner – Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA) & ST Engineering – Littoral Mission Vessel Simulation Centre (LMV SimCen). Click here for more information.
– CAE – Royal Australian Navy MH-60R Training Program
– The DiSTI Corporation – US Army C-RAM LPWS OMT
Small Business of the Year
Winner – Simthetiq. Click here for more information.
– Cervus Defence & Security
– Close Air Solutions
Winner – Robert Abascal, CEO and Founder, AVT Simulation. Click here for more information.
– Waymon Armstrong, Engineering & Computer Simulations (ECS)
– Dr. Rajive Bagrodia, SCALABLE Network Technologies