Outstanding Innovative Product
Innovation is the process of transforming knowledge into new products, processes and services that, in turn, generate new economic benefits.
This award recognizes innovative products that provide enhanced value to the military client’s education, training or human performance domains. The category includes, but is not limited to products such as:
- Instructional media,
- Training devices or components thereof,
- Content development tools,
- Analysis and Evaluation tools and methods, and
- Performance support.
To qualify, nominations must:
- Have been designed, and substantially produced by the submitting individual or organization team;
- Have been implemented and the results evaluated within the last three years;
- Include a description of the product not to exceed 400 words, that clearly states the purpose of the product;
- Include quantitative and qualitative results of the evaluation as appropriate;
- Include an assessment of the impact on the clients’ “way of doing business”;
- May include client testimonials;
- Include a completed release statement; and
- Be received by the deadline.
Security and Confidentiality
Access to submissions will be on a “need to know basis”, however submitters should be aware there is no facility to handle data from Official Use Only, and higher categories at the national, NATO and other levels, and draft their submissions accordingly. All submissions will be destroyed within one month of the final awards. Submitters should identify data that has “commercial sensitivity”.
Tip Sheet: For further guidance on what makes a quality submission, click here. [opens in new tab]
Submissions will be evaluated using two prime criteria: Impact on the client/industry, and demonstrated value to the client.. Scoring metrics are included in the template.
- Impact: The impact on the clients (or industries) “way of doing business” will be considered. Products that have the demonstrated potential to replace existing technologies or are changing business processes will be weighted higher.
- Value: Submissions exhibiting high value to the client will be weighted higher. Both quantitative and qualitative contributions are evaluated. Note that value can be expressed as client ROI, and/or as a client’s key performance metrics.
Who may nominate for an award?
Anyone may nominate for this award.
Making a Submission
- Using the guidelines in the template for your category, create a draft of your submission. Keep in mind the tips.
- Finalize your draft.
- When you are satisfied that your submission is complete, copy and paste the content into the forms of the template.
- You will not be able to edit on line once the submission is made. Check everything again.
- Submit using the button on the bottom of the form
- In the remote event you have changes to make you will be required to completely resubmit. The version with the most recent time stamp before the closing date will be accepted.
- Submissions/versions time stamped after the closing date/time will not be considered.