Outstanding Service and Support Program
In nearly all NATO countries, the post-Cold War period has witnessed a significant switch from in-house service and support to outsourced In Service Support. Military training programmes are no exception.
Support programs are typically long term and exist on a continuum ranging from maintenance of equipment to “training as a service”. They are generally tailored to meet unique national and service needs. What is common in exemplary programs is positive vendor/client relationships in a service delivery that exceeds performance metrics.
This award recognizes those exemplary programs that provide outstanding value to clients.
The category includes but is not limited to programs such as:
- Training as a service,
- Long term maintenance,
- Management of facilities,
- Exercise support, or
- Any other long term service and support arrangement.
To qualify, nominations must:
- Be submitted by the organization or the integrated team providing the program;
- Be for a program that has been implemented for at least 4 years;
- Include a description of the program not to exceed 400 words, that clearly states the purpose of the program and expected results;
- Include quantitative and qualitative measures of the success of the program;
- Include an assessment of the valued outcomes for the client;
- May include client testimonials;
- Include a completed release statement; and
- Be received by the deadline.
Security and Confidentiality
Access to submissions will be on a “need to know basis”, however submitters should be aware there is no facility to handle data from Official Use Only, and higher categories at the national, NATO and other levels, and draft their submissions accordingly. All submissions will be destroyed within one month of the final awards. Submitters should identify data that has “commercial sensitivity”.
Tip Sheet: For further guidance on what makes a quality submission, click here. [opens in a new tab]
Submissions will be evaluated using four criteria:
- Novelty: Programs that have successfully implemented novel contracting arrangements or creative business structures will be weighted higher.
- Performance Measures: Programs exceeding the contract performance measures will be weighted higher.
- Relationships: Programs incorporating a high level of collaboration and positive relationships within the industry/military team will be weighted higher.
- Value: Submissions exhibiting high value to the client will be weighted higher. Note that value can be expressed as client ROI, reduced cost of ownership, increased capability or other metrics meaningful to the client.
Who may nominate for an award?
Any organization delivering a Service and Support program may nominate for this award.
Making a Submission
- Using the guidelines in the template for your category, create a draft of your submission. Keep in mind the tips.
- Finalize your draft.
- When you are satisfied that your submission is complete, copy and paste the content into the forms of the template.
- You will not be able to edit on line once the submission is made. Check everything again.
- Submit using the button on the bottom of the form
- In the remote event you have changes to make you will be required to completely resubmit. The version with the most recent time stamp before the closing date will be accepted.
- Submissions/versions time stamped after the closing date/time will not be considered.